From birds and insects to cats and dogs, human beings love keeping all kinds of pets. Pets have been known to help their owners cope with hard times in life – even loneliness. Some other health benefits of owning a pet include decreased triglyceride, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels. Pitbulls are among the best companions; you may be asking, why should i get a pitbull? read on to find out!
Things To Know Before Picking A New Pet
If you have a family, you need to make sure that the pet you are adopting is right for your family. You should be sure to research the pet’s specific needs before heading to the pet shop.
Here are some of the things you need to know before adopting pets for you or your loved ones;
- You should know the average lifespan of the animal
- Learn the pet’s meal-type and serving
- You should also learn the amount of exercise needed by the pet
- Know the pet’s size, so you can prepare for it a house if need be
- You should inquire about the cost for veterinary care or pet insurance which is the best way to ensure that you can meet its medical needs
- Check your schedule to ensure that you can set apart time to look after the pet
- Learn the type of exercise needed by the pet
- Learn the habitat type suitable for the pet.
- You should inquire on whether pets are allowed where you live (e.g., condominium or apartment)
- You should also think twice about the kind of pet you want to get if you have older people, young kids, or people with weakened immune systems living with you.
Things To Avoid Around Pets
If you are living with children with 5 years or younger, then it is best to avoid pets like lizards, snakes, or other reptiles. You should also avoid amphibians such as toads and frogs or birds (poultry). This is because such pets can cause serious illness to kids due to the nature of germs they carry.
If you are pregnant, be sure to avoid adopting cats OR wait to adopt later since cats carry parasites that cause toxoplasmosis – which is a disease that causes congenital disabilities. In cases where the pregnant woman already has a cat, she should avoid changing the cat litter.
Other kinds of pets that pregnant women should avoid include rodents as they may carry lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus, which is known to cause congenital disabilities. In such cases, the best solution is to have someone else take care of your pet as soon as you realize that you are pregnant.
If you are looking to get a new pet, then you should definitely consider getting a pit bull. If you are asking yourself, why should I own a pitbull? Just Imagine having an entertaining clown, a friend, and a companion, all in one; that’s what is like owning a pit bull. In this article, we’ll discuss why Pitbulls RULE!
Here’s Why Owning a Pitbull Rocks!
- Pit bulls are much healthier: Genetic issues can be inherited by any breed of dogs; however, most genetic issues found in pitbull breeds are not usually fatal. Some of the genetic issues you can expect to find in Pitbulls include demodectic disease, hip dysplasia, and patellar luxation.
- Most Pitbulls have a relatively short coat; hence their grooming costs are usually meager; bathing also takes a short time compared to other dog breeds. Most pit bulls enjoy being brushed ( no need for cutting hair though)
- Most Pitbulls are normally very eager to please people. You’ll get to enjoy their company since they are wired to please and will do almost everything to hear you praise or appreciate them. These animals are very social with people which some people have used to train them to do criminal things.
- If you love running every morning around the block, then pit bulls might be the best option for you. These dogs are very athletic compared to other breeds. Even though they are not as obsessed with exercise like other dogs, they still have been known to excel in many dog competitions.
- If you are looking for a buddy for life then, pitbull is definitely your best pick. They will help you through tough nights and rainy days. Although not the best guard dogs, they are still known for sprinting into action whenever their owner is in danger.
Still Not Convinced?
6. Pitbulls are known to be excellent with both adults and children. They are affectionate and even playful with kids. You should ensure that your kids know how to best interact with pets.
7. Pitbulls are also known to be hilarious and funny. If you are looking for fun and playful dog breed, then pit bulls would be the best choice for you. They also don’t lose this trait with age, so you can expect them to still make you smile always.
8. If you love cuddling with dogs, petting them, or hugging them, then Pitbulls will be perfect for you. If you are still asking yourself, why should I own a pitbull? Then imagine having a warm companion in bed whenever you need them to be. With additional training, pit bulls can also be great therapy dogs.
9. This reason can seem vague, but compared to other breeds, Pit bulls smile! Even when you are having a bad day from work, be sure that your pitbull will always smile at you and brighten your evening. It’s huge smile and rolling tongue will surely keep you on a good mood throughout the day.
10. With relatively lower medical bills, grooming bills, etc. pit bulls are cheaper to care for longterm compared to other dog breeds. You should always get advice from your local vet for an idea of the expected medical cost of the dog breed you are looking to get. There are also many resources online that can help you anticipate various monthly expenses for your pet, including food.
You can always find a healthy pitbull from your local pet shops. Be sure to inquire to ensure that the pet you are getting is current with all shots/vaccinations. You can also search to see customer reviews from previous clients on sites such as Yelp, Google reviews, etc.